The main objectives of council is safeguard, promote, facilitate, solve day to day problem and to educate the exporters about the legislative changes that take place in the field of export trade of Nepal. It has also adopted the following set of objectives.
- Act as a catalyst for export business development in the country.
- To provide advisory services to government and lobby as and when required in formulation and execution of export business related policies.
- Foster cooperation with related national and foreign organizations.
- To create awareness for the promotion of export business.
- Create brotherhood feelings between exporters.
- To enhance the contributions of export trade sector to national economy by promoting export business.
- To expand export trade on a sustained basis through gradual reduction in trade imbalances.